Monday 23 April 2012

Printed Boards

Finally, after weeks of redesigns and heavy workloads, we have one board printed. Polly and myself went down to SignTec to have a look at the completed demo board today. The boards look very professionally printed, the text and imagery is very clear due to the good quality print and it has been printed on a strong, durable material that has a good feel. It is pleasing to see the effort I feel I have put into those A1 boards paid off.

The files that I had completed were 200dpi which I found to be a good size for large printing after some online research. However, the printer told us the files were good, but may have been too big in resolution . He said he could probably blow it up to 10 times the size and it would still look clear. A bit of overkill on my part then, but I am satisfied with the result and I think the group will be too.

The printers are going ahead with the job and all the boards and the banner are expected to be finished by Thursday (26th) and definitely before the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alex,

    Not sure why but I can't see the image of the final board :(
    Anyway, they're done so hopefully I'll be able to see it tomorrow in class.

    See you then,
    Mariana.

    ReplyDelete